Grade Level: 4
Division: Public Services:
The Twin Falls Public Library is currently hiring for the position of Circulation Clerk. This is a permanent, part-time position at 19 hours per week. The wage for this position starts at $12.29
Under the Circulation Department Head's supervision, this position is responsible for assisting with the daily operations of circulation. Work involves providing excellent customer service to patrons.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all circulation duties using a computerized system, including check materials in/out/renew, reserve materials, collect fines and fees, issue new patron cards and renew existing patron cards, and collect book drop materials.
- Provide informational assistance to patrons and refer to questions as needed.
- Ability to use sound judgment to make decisions based on library policies and procedures.
- Answers phone and route calls as necessary.
- Maintain statistics and other records required for reporting functions.
- May run reports and utilizes library technology to gather data and manage accounts and library collections.
- May assist in other technology activities such as the 3d printer.
- Helps in other areas of the Library when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to provide exemplary customer service and maintains a favorable public image of the library.
- Provide excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with people from diverse backgrounds, including youth, families, volunteers, and co-workers.
- Ability to acquire a working knowledge of regulations and procedures pertaining to library policies.
- Ability to learn online library automation system and online searching.
- Understands the role of technology in providing library services and is proficient in that technology.
- Ability to acquire knowledge of a broad range of library services and answer basic questions regarding those services to patrons.
- Proficient with standard Microsoft applications (including Office applications).
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure.
- Ability to adapt to change
- Carry up to 30 lbs. of books across the library.
- Constant walking, standing, speaking, hearing, and listening.
- Ability to push and pull library book trucks weighing 50-300 lbs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Additional education and/or experience in libraries preferred.
Expected Hours of Work
- 19 hours per week.
- Flexibility in work schedule, including working evenings and some Saturdays.
Applications are available at http://tfpl.org/archive/forms/TFPL-Employment-Application.pdf. Completed applications can be submitted at the Circulation Desk at the Twin Falls Public Library, via email at email@example.com, or via standard mail at the address:
Twin Falls Public Library
Attn: Jill Fleming
201 4th Ave E
Twin Falls, ID 83301
For more information regarding the position, please call 733-2964 ext 101.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer, as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.