Fines & Fees
Effective January 3rd, 2023, our library has implemented the following policies for notices and overdue fines:
Patrons of our library will receive the following notices regarding their borrowed items:
- Pre-overdue/Renewal: Patrons will receive a notice 2 days before the due date of their borrowed item. This notice serves as a reminder to renew or return the item.
- 1st overdue: If an item is not renewed or returned by the due date, patrons will receive a notice 1 week (7 days) after the due date.
- 2nd overdue: If an item is still not returned or renewed 2 weeks (14 days) after the due date, patrons will receive a second overdue notice.
- 3rd overdue: Patrons will not receive a third overdue notice.
- Billing Notice (lost): If an item is not returned 4 weeks (28 days) after the due date, patrons will receive a billing notice for the lost item.
Our library does not charge overdue fines for the following items: books, audio books, magazines, CDs, DVDs, and kits. However, we do charge overdue fines for the following items:
- ILLs (Interlibrary Loans): $1 per day, with a 0-day grace period.
- WiFi hotspots: $1 per day, with a 0-day grace period.
- Laptops and headphones (in-house use only): $1 per day.
If a patron has 10 or more items overdue, their account will be blocked. Additionally, if a patron has a balance of $10 or more in charges of any kind, their account will also be blocked. If a patron has a balance of $50 or more in lost or damaged charges, their account may be sent to collections after 30 days with an added $10 fee.
Existing Overdue Balances:
Existing overdue balances, other than those for ILLs and WiFi hotspots, will be waived.